Here's a quick Gallery of The State Farm Traffic Divas (no professionals were harmed during this photo shoot)
Another weekend, another round of intense road closures. This weekend... now this is somethin' else. This isn't just a road closure, this has the opportunity to be paralyzing, if you ask me.
MERCER STREET: Mercer Street will be CLOSED between Fifth Avenue North and Dexter from 11pm Friday through 5am Monday.
SR 99: Highway 99 will be CLOSED from Valley Street and the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 11pm Friday through 5am Monday.
---> Because of these closures, traffic headed to I5 will be detoured to Denny, making that road a mess as well. Expect heavier volumes, and extremely slow traffic in the area. The cool thing is that come Monday morning, traffic will be able to travel eastbound on Broad for the first time in years near 99! Baby steps, I guess...
We've also got some pretty major events this weekend...
Friday, May 17th
- Seattle Storm vs. Tulsa Shock at Key Arena, 7:00pm
Saturday, May 18th
- Sounds FC vs. FC Dallas at Century Link, 7:30pm
-Seattle University's School of Law Commencement, Key Arena, 10am (this one will be tough!)
-WGU's Commencement Ceremony, Benaroya Hall, 3pm
Sunday, May 19th
- Beat the Bridge race, starting at Husky Stadium. (Route info here)
Here is info from the Beat the Bridge website about closures:
"On Sunday, May 19th, the race begins in front of the Alaska Airlines Arena and runners head south across the Montlake Bridge. The specific street closures and times are as follows:
- Montlake Boulevard south of Pacific - 7:45 - 8:45 a.m.
- 24th, south of Roanoke - no closure
- Boyer, east of Lynn - no closure
- Montlake Place, 19th and Lynn, west of 19th - 8:25 - 9:25 a.m.
- Boyer/Fuhrman, west of Lynn to Eastlake - 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Pacific Avenue, from Brooklyn to Montlake - 8:15 - 10:15 a.m.
- Montlake Boulevard, both directions, north of Pacific - 7:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- 45th Ave NE - no closure
- Burke Gilman Trail from 44th to University Hospital - extremely congested 8:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Please note that, throughout the event, two-way traffic along NE Pacific Avenue will be controlled by Seattle Police, with only one lane available in each direction. Because of the closure on Montlake Boulevard, it will be quite congested in this area and residents should allow plenty of time if using Pacific. On Thursday, May 16, you'll find "No Parking" signs posted along Boyer, West Montlake Place, and Fuhrman which will inform drivers of street closures during the event."
Be safe out there, and PLEASE try and be patient... we'll get through this!