Contest Name: College Football Survivor. (the “Contest”)
Station: Sports Radio KJR 950am and 102.9 FM KNBQ. (the “Station”)
Station Address: 645 Elliott Ave. W. Ste 400; Seattle, WA 98119
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. EACH TEXT MESSAGE, SENT OR RECEIVED, MAY INCUR A CHARGE AS PROVIDED IN YOUR RATE PLAN. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. IF YOU ENTER VIA TEXT MESSAGE, YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST ONE (1) TEXT MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO EACH ENTRY. TEXT-MESSAGING MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE THROUGH ALL WIRELESS CARRIERS. This Contest is open only to individuals ("Entrants") who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that are or will be at least 21 years of age at the time of entry. If you are not a permanent resident of the United States or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest or to win a prize. Void outside participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) and where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliated companies and divisions to include Clear Channel Media & Entertainment (collectively, the “Company”), will conduct its promotional contests substantially as described in the official contest rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating stations are listed above or for a list of participating stations, please visit the offices of this Station during normal business hours.
The Contest is administered by the Company and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the contest administrator. Entrant(s) acknowledges and understands that any information provided will be used for administering the Contest and in accordance with Clear Channel privacy practices found here. The Contest sponsor(s), promotional partners and administrator are herein collectively referred to as the Contest Entities.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: Contest will begin August 27, 2012 at 6:00am/PST and end Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 at 11:59pm/PST (“Contest Period”).
B. How to Play:
Phase One (8/27/2012 – 11/25/2012): Starting Monday, August 27, 2012 through Friday, August 31, 2012 between the hours of 6am and 10am/PST, for the first week only, then, every Thursday and Friday for the contest period (9/1/2012 - 11/25/2012), Mitch in the Morning will open up the TEXT'ing window, for one (1) 30 minute period, per day at a time of his choosing between the hours of 6am-10am/PST. August 27th through Friday, August 31st ONLY, the 'window' be open for the full four (4) hours of the morning show (6am-10am/PST). For all weeks, after week one (8/27-8/31/2012), participants MUST submit their text to the radio station via the station’s short code 49451 within the designated 30 minute window, and each participant will TEXT the appropriate College Team Name that represents the TEAM that participant thinks will win their college football game for that week. (See below for a list of all available college team names to text in this contest). Participants can only pick one team name in each round of the contest. Guess correctly and the participant advances to the following week’s round. Guess incorrectly and the participant is out of the contest. YOU CAN ONLY PICK A TEAM ONCE OUT OF THE LIST OF 32 FOR THE DURATION OF THE CONTEST.
Participants will receive a confirmation text, within 20 minutes of submitting. It is the responsibility of the participant to keep any and all confirmation TEXTs, after each week's team submission ... if a confirmation is not received within 20 minutes, a participant should either resend the same TEAM texted earlier or call the Sports Radio KJR studio using the business line listed above to make sure the original TEXT was received. We can assume no responsibility for cell phone carrier outages at any time throughout the contest date period.
Participants can only pick one (1) team, per week and only each team once. Participants can NOT change your pick. Once a participants TEXT has been submitted, participants are locked into that team. If a participant submits two (2) teams in one week, that participant is removed from the contest. If a participant picks a team more than once, during the contest period, it will count as a loss and the participant will be out of the contest. If the team a participant selected plays and loses that week than that participant is out of the contest. The only way to continue on in the contest is to pick the team, before they play that week’s game, that wins, to only submit one team during the week, and to only use one college team once. If there is bye weekend and a participant texts in a team that DID NOT play during the bye weekend then that participant is out of the contest. If a participant misses either of the two ½ hour windows to text in a team, then that participant is out of the contest and cannot rejoin. If a participant selects a team and for some reason that team does not play due to a natural disaster or another league cancellation, the participants pick of that team will stand, but that participant will move to the next week automatically. That team choice will not be available again to the participant and if that game is rescheduled during the contest period, the team choice will remain in effect and the outcome of that game when it is played within the contest period will determine the participants status in the contest. College Team Mascots will not be accepted. If a participant texts in a college team mascot it counts as a loss and that participant is out of the contest. If by week 12 (for example) there are 12 people remaining and all pick a team and that team loses than all move on to the next week. Only the listed 32 College Football teams will be the ones to select from.
Participants are reminded to pick teams judiciously and plan out over the 13 weeks of Phase One of the contest because if a participant runs out of teams in the later weeks/rounds, that participant will lose and be eliminated from the contest. It is a participants responsibility to look ahead and plan out the 13 weeks of phase one of the contest because a participant can only use each team once during this contest phase.
The 32 teams/acceptable text entries are: ALABAMA, ARIZONA, ARIZONASTATE (ASU will be accepted), ARKANSAS, AUBURN, BOISESTATE, CALIFORNIA, CLEMSON, COLORADO, FLORIDA, FLORIDASTATE, GEORGIA, KANSASSTATE, LSU, MICHIGANSTATE, NEBRASKA, NOTREDAME, OKLAHOMA, OREGON, OREGONSTATE, PENNSTATE (PSU will be accepted), SOUTH CAROLINA, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (USC will be accepted) STANFORD, TCU, TEXAS, UCLA, UTAH, WASHINGTON, WASHINGTONSTATE (WSU will be accepted), WESTVIRGINIA, WISCONSIN.
Dates and times may vary due to the Holiday schedules. Individuals who enter by text-messaging will be charged according to their carriers’ standard messaging and data rates, and entrants should contact their carriers for pricing details. Check your owners' manual for specific text-messaging instructions. Text-messaging may not be available through all wireless carriers.
PARTICIPANTS MUST USE THE SAME CELL PHONE FOR THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THIS CONTEST.
To enter the Contest without sending a text message, you may submit an e-mail entry each week. E-mails must include the following information: home/land line phone number, first name, last name, date of birth (xx/xx/xxxx), and weekly selection using same guidelines as stated above in the same timely manner utilizing the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. If entering using this method of entry, a participant must use the same email address, contact info and phone number for the duration of contest.
Any entry received or made either by text or by e-mail after the each rounds registration period will not be valid and will not be deemed eligible.
C. How to Enter:
Once the College Football Survivors are determined in Phase One of the contest, all eligible participants (survivors) who successfully completed all rounds of voting in phase one, will be eligible to play in two phase two contests.
In the first phase two contest, The College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest, all participants will be texted a link to a contest page on SportsRadioKJR.com to enter the online portion of the contest. On that contest webpage, participants will be invited to select their picks in the scheduled 35 bowl games during the 2012/2013 College Football Bowl season, against the spread. A point system will be utilized for each game and the participant with the most number of points at the conclusion of all bowl games will be determined to be the grand prize “College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest” winner in this contest. In the event there is a tie at the end of the College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest, the tie-breaker will be determined by the time stamp on the submitted entry. The participant who completes their online contest registration by the first timestamp as determined by the station website contest timestamp, will be determined to be the grand prize winner.
All surviving listeners at the end of the 13 weeks, must be responsible to check the www.SportsRadioKJR.com website for instructions on the Bowl Pick 'Em Phase Two portion of the contest.
In the second phase two contest, “The Guts” contest, eligible participants will be those who successfully completed all rounds of voting in phase one of the contest as outlined in the “How To Play” section listed above. Each of those participants picks in all rounds of phase one the contest will be compared to “the spread” determined for each weekly game. Each team was assigned a point total for each weekly game and for each participants weekly picks, a season long (13 game) point total will be determined based on their weekly picks. The contestant with the lowest overall point total will be determined to be the grand prize “The Guts” winner. That winner will be announced on Monday, November 26th, 2012.
The Company assumes no responsibility for contestants not making timely entries as a result of the delays in the Internet stream. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions due to buffering limitations. Contest Participants should not rely on streamed broadcasts. Contestants may contact their local station to determine participation or visit the Station’s website.
Standard text messaging rates, as established by an individual's wireless carrier, will apply, and the Stations assume no responsibility for any fees or charges incurred for and associated with any text message sent to or from the Station. Text message entries must meet all requirements set forth in order to be eligible. Winners will be determined in accordance with the criteria set forth in the message in which entries were solicited, and in accordance with the Contest’s Official Rules. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but the Company makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Entrants should check their phone’s features to see if they have that capability. Wireless service providers may charge entrants for each text message, including any error message that is sent and received in connection with the Contest, based on the applicable wireless service pricing plan. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. Standard text message rates apply. Entry by sending a text message will not improve your chance of winning. By texting to enter, the entrant grants permission to the Company to notify them via a return text message and must agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. Entrant is responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing a text message entry. Company in its sole discretion may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time, without notice. Proof of text messaging to the Code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Company of such enter to play. Decisions of the Company are final. Such decisions may include, but are not limited to, whether an entry adheres to the entry criteria, the time of entry receipt by the Company, the order in which text message entries are received, the eligibility of the entrant, and in the event entry requires the submission of an answer or response, whether that answer or response is correct. By participating in the contest, entrants agree that the Station may contact them, via phone or text message, at the telephone number from which the text message entry was received. Any and all fees arising out of the transmission of a text message shall be the sole responsibility of the entrant. Message and data rates may apply per the entrant’s carrier. By participating in a contest in which text message-based entry is permitted, entrants acknowledge that text messages are distributed and delivered through third party providers; the Company does not guarantee, and shall not be responsible for, the delivery or timeliness of any text message entry. The Company will at all times consider the time that a message is logged as arriving in its system as being the time of entry, regardless of the time at which the entrant attempted to send the entry and any technical problems or other complications that may have delayed its delivery. The Company, through its third party text messaging administrators, will store all messages received on its system. The Company is not responsible for service outages, message failures, transmission delays or any other factor affecting the availability or performance of the text messaging service. The Company further reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
Only one winner per household permitted for the duration of the Contest. Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or eligibility requirements listed herein. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email or telephone phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. Company is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, postage-due or incomplete entries or mail. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by the website administrator for online entries. When applicable the website administrator’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest promotion. Contest entries must contain all information requested and must be received on or before the deadline for registration to be deemed valid. All Entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned.
D. Winner Selection and Notification:
On Monday, November 26th, 2012, “The Guts” contest grand prize winner will be determined and announced. That winner will be the participant with the lowest overall point total based on their weekly picks as outlined in the “How To Enter” section above. That person will win the grand prize for “The Guts” listed below. In the event there is a tie at the end of The Guts contest, the tie-breaker will be determined by random drawing from all tied participants. There will be only one winner at the conclusion of “The Guts” Contest.
At the end conclusion of The College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest, the participant with the most number of points in the online contest will be determined to be the grand prize winner of the College Football Survivor Bowl Pick Em online contest. In the event there is a tie at the end of The College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest, the tie-breaker will be determined by the time stamp on the submitted entry. The participant who completes their online contest registration by the first timestamp as determined by the station website contest timestamp, will be determined to be the grand prize winner. There will be only one winner at the conclusion of the College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest.
There are no secondary prizes in this contest, just the grand prize for “The Guts” contest and the grand prize for the “College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest”.
If you are determined to be the participant who is the winner, you will be called within 24 hours and you must answer the phone to win. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential Winner cannot be reached directly following the close of registration period, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected at random from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries until a winner is determined. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier or possible winner in the event that that a qualifier or possible winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. If the entrant is unable to verify registration information the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail or any other form of communication Station may use to contact the qualifier and/or a potential winner. The Company is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. The Station is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a qualifier or potential winners or for any late, misdirected, or if the qualifier or potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of the entrant to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the entrant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited, no alternative prize will be substituted. All decisions of the Company and/or judges will be final. By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Company, that the decisions of the Company is final on all matters relating to the Contest; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with the rules, then you will be disqualified.
2. Prize(s). No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). If the winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the contest, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
“The Guts” Grand Prize: A trip for two (2) to Miami, Florida from Monday, January 7th, 2013 to Tuesday, January 8th, 2013 to see the College Football National Championships on Monday, January 7th, 2012. Domestic roundtrip airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the major metropolitan airport nearest prize winner’s primary residence and (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to destination airport for Miami, Florida; 2 days and 1 nights standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at destination; and two (2) tickets to see the College Football National Championships at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida on Monday, January 7th, 2013. Total overall approximate retail value of the prize is $2,000.00. Prize package provided by Anheuser-Busch and the Emerald Queen Casino. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel.
“The College Football Survivor Bowl Pick ‘Em Online Contest” Grand Prize: Three (3) Ultimate College Football Road trips in 2013.
TRIP #1: A trip for two (2) to South Bend, IN from TBD date to TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule) to see the Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame football game on TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule). Domestic roundtrip airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the major metropolitan airport nearest prize winner’s primary residence and (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to destination airport for South Bend, IN; 2 days and 1 night standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at destination two (2) tickets to see the Oklahoma vs. Notre Dame football game at Notre Dame Stadium on TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule). Total overall approximate retail value of the prize is $2,000.00. Prize package provided by Anheuser-Busch and the Emerald Queen Casino. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel.
TRIP #2: A trip for two (2) to Auburn, AL from TBD date to TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule) to see the Alabama vs. Auburn football game on TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule). Domestic roundtrip airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the major metropolitan airport nearest prize winner’s primary residence and (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to destination airport for Auburn, AL; 2 days and 1 night standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at destination two (2) tickets to see the Auburn vs. Alabama football game at Jordan-Hare Stadium on TBD date (based on the 2013 Football schedule). Total overall approximate retail value of the prize is $2,000.00. Prize package provided by Anheuser-Busch and the Emerald Queen Casino. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel.
TRIP #3: A trip for two (2) to the 2013 regular season College Football game of the winner's choice during the 2013 college football season played in the United States. Domestic roundtrip airfare for winner and one (1) guest between the major metropolitan airport nearest prize winner’s primary residence and (in the event of any dispute, airport shall be as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to destination airport for the chosen destination; 2 days and 1 night standard double occupancy hotel accommodations at destination; and two (2) tickets to ) to the 2013 regular season College Football game of the winner's choice. Total overall approximate retail value of the prize is $2,000.00. Prize package provided by Anheuser-Busch and the Emerald Queen Casino. Prize value may vary depending upon departure location and time of travel. Winners Choice Trip selection must be made no later than 3/31/13.
Trip Prize Conditions: All prize packages shall include round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home to the destination and a double occupancy standard hotel room as specified in herein. Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded and is specified in these Official Contest Rules. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Company’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner and guest. Travel for the trip awarded must take place on and/or within the designated dates and is subject to schedule and availability, alternative travel dates will not be provided. If the prizewinner(s) is unavailable for travel on the designated dates, the specified or prize will be forfeited and may or may not be awarded to an alternate prizewinner(s) at the sole discretion of the Company. Exact travel dates and arrangements may be subject to availability whether specified or not. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. IF WINNER IS ELIGIBLE, BUT TRAVEL GUEST IS A MINOR IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE WINNER MUST BE THE TRAVEL GUEST’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN, NO MINOR MAY ACCOMPANY WINNER AS A TRAVEL GUEST IF THE WINNER IS NOT THE MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. ALL MINORS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AT ALL TIMES DURING TRIP (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IN-FLIGHT, HOTEL STAY AND ALL PRIZE-RELATED EVENTS) BY MINOR’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. Travel guests must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. If the trip requires traveling outside the United States, the winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If the winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected, in the Company’s sole discretion. In accordance with applicable laws, international travelers are required to possess a government issued passport, if a winner does not have or is unable to obtain a passport within any time constraints related to the prize, the winner will be disqualified. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of the Company or Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the trip destination, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. The Company shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prizewinner at the time of notification. Winner and guest will be required to complete and return, within 3 days of date of receipt the applicable forms and releases. Winner must sign a prize acceptance form, provide the information for their travel guest which must be at least of the legal age of majority in their state, a W-9 form, an affidavit or verification of eligibility, and a liability/publicity release (where permitted) signed by both the winner and travel guest. Prizewinner(s) and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that the Company has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Certain travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Any and all airport transfers, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, phone calls, luggage fees, travel insurance and applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. If, for any reason, any part of the trip package is canceled or shall become unavailable, postponed or canceled, the Company shall have no further responsibility for that portion of the prize and the prize will be awarded without the inclusion of the item on the same itinerary. If concerts or other ticketed events have been awarded as part of this prize package and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing that portion of the prize. The Company and sponsor are not responsible for late, lost, damaged or stolen luggage. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon, and seat locations are as solely determined by sponsor. The Company is not responsible for any travel delays, flight cancellations or difficulty. If travel delays, cancellations or difficulty prevent arrival in time for any and all elements of trip, the Company is not responsible for awarding any compensation in lieu thereof. Any changes to completed travel arrangements, once booked, are the sole responsibility of the winner, and are solely at the winner’s expense. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in the Official Rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Company and/or Sponsor and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. Winner agrees to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by the Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner and guest must comply with all applicable laws, and any rules and regulations established by the Company’s prize partner(s), if any; such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, concert or event venues etc. Winner agrees that acceptance of any trip taken as a prize is done so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNERS ACCEPT THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN ANY TRAVEL OR TRANSPORTATION, INCLUDING BOATING, SUCH RISK INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT THE COMPANY AND RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Conditions and restrictions may apply. All applicable taxes (including, but not limited to all local, state and federal taxes) on all respective prizes awarded, upgrades and any other expense(s) not specifically identified in these Official Rules as included in a prize are the sole responsibility of each winner. The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in the Company’s sole discretion. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or upon notification, or unless required as in date specific prizes. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner. For certain prizes which are date specific such as event or concert tickets, the Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the winner or potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Sponsor. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value or may substitute such prize with another prize of equal or greater value, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein should become unavailable for any reason. Any prize substitution shall be at the sole discretion of the Company and or Sponsor(s). When applicable prizes involving personal appearances of artists or celebrities are subject to artist/celebrity’s schedule. If, after a prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, artist/celebrity is unable to appear, such portions of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor and/or the Company shall have no further obligation to winner. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving any prize when winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Unless otherwise stated herein above, participants and winner(s) must be at least 18-years old, as of the date of entry and prize award and is a legal resident of the 50 U.S. or D.C. Participants and winners must reside within the participating Station’s Total Market Area (TMA) as determined by the Station or otherwise defined by Arbitron. Commonly the TMA represents the total overall radio station's comprehensive listening market audience within a geographic area encompassing all industry defined media market areas. In the event a participant must be at least 18 years old but are not the age of majority in their state of residence, then whichever is older, shall determine the minimum age requirement for eligibility of the entrant, when applicable. If entries include minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated herein, only one (1) entry per person and only one (1) prize per household for any thirty (30) day period. The potential prize winner and, if the potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in their state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, may (in Company’s sole discretion) be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility and any other form necessary to verify eligibility, along with the required releases within twenty four (24) hours after the first (1st) delivery attempt to entrants e-mail address in order for the potential prize winner to be qualified for the prize, unless otherwise stated herein or at the time of notification. The potential prize winner's failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement at the time of entry to be allowed to participate in the contest and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any Contests at any time, under any circumstances. Employees of the Company, the Station, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. Releases and Conditions. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to the prize conditions in this paragraph. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner and if applicable, winner’s guest must comply with all rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc.). By accepting the prize, Grand Prize Winner must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign a release to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Company, judges, and Contest Entities with respect to the Contest are final and binding; (ii) to release the Company, Station and sponsors and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; (iii) to allow the Company to and sponsors to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. The Contest Entities are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. All taxes, related fees, other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of prizewinner. The Company, Sponsor, and Station does not make, and is not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Company will have no further obligation to winner.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the official rules, regardless of whether prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Grand Prize, the winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Grand Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to The Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by Sponsor, Station or the Company shall mean in Company’s, Station’s and/or Sponsor's "sole and unfettered discretion." Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) cancel, terminate or modify the contest if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete the contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort ; (iii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iv) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
9. Miscellaneous. Void outside the United States, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Station reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all participants. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period from all participating stations. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules, or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned. As a condition of participating in the Contest, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by applicable local and state law.