Contest Name: Mitchy the Kid Consortium
Station: Sports Radio KJR 950AM and 102.9FM
Station Address: 645 Elliott Ave. W Ste. 400, Seattle WA 98119
Each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation: 950KJR is giving listeners the opportunity to split the November 28, 2012 Powerball Lottery Jackpot!
A. Date of Contest: Wednesday, November 28, 2012
B. How to participate: No purchase necessary. There are four ways to be a part of sharing the November 28, 2012 Powerball Lottery Jackpot, should one of the ten tickets win the jackpot. All Sports Radio KJR Facebook fans at www.facebook.com/950kjr* and Twitter followers of @kjrmitch, @dickfain or @slickhawk12 by 5pm, November 28, 2012 will be eligible.
* A postcard postmarked by 12/28/12 and mailed to 645 Elliott Ave W, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98119 will be an alternate free form entry for those not facebook or twitter users and will be allocated and added in with the facebook pool.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to all eligible participants, by 5pm Pacific Time, November 28, 2012 will be the jackpot of the November 28th, 2012 Powerball lottery and divided equally between all eligible participants. Those that are followers or fan of all four will receive four shares, if one of the ten tickets win the 11/28/12 jackpot.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Eligible Participants by 5pm Pacific Time, November 28, 2012 must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company. Only one (1) entry per person, per the four groups (twitter followers by 5pm Pacific Time, November 28, 2012 of @kjrmitch, @dickfain, @slickhawk12 and facebook fans of Sports Radio KJR at www.facebook.com/950kjr). Up to four shares, maximum, per person. Fan or follower of three of the four receives three shares. Fan or follower of two of the four receives two shares. At 5pm Pacific Time, all four groups will be secured and where possible work with Twitter and Facebook to verify valid participants.
4. Should the 11/28/12 jackpot be won by any one of the ten powerball tickets, all eligible validated fans and followers before 5pm Pacific Time, November 28, 2012 will be contacted with future instructions on how to obtain their share(s). Share will be determined based on the total number of followers of @kjrmitch, @dickfain, @slickhawk12 and facebook fans of www.facebook.com/950kjr ...
5. Publicity; Privacy. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, the Company will not disclose any or all personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes, without request from the participant.
6. Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from a station will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the Station(s) and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.