Every weekday at 5:30am, we'll start your "Sports Day"
WR Stephen Williams joined us and evaluated his game.
1. Needs to work on his get away vs. press coverage
2. Needs to work on his route running and technique
3. Feels like he has very good ball skills
4. Learned a lot from Larry Fitzgerald especially his work ethic
5. Hawks liked his run after the catch best when they acquired him
6. Injuries have hampered his career
7. Ready to play special teams if needed and almost got in the game on ST on Thursday
Cliff Avril then joined the show and said...
1. Brought up in the NFL as a pass rusher and has developed into a 3 down player
2. Bruce Irvin is going to have to learn the game as he gets older and cant just rely on speed and once he gets that he will be an elite player
3. Cant really help the younger players out until he gets on the field consistently
4. He has to play on both sides of the line after only being a LDE in Detroit
5. Doesn't regret passing up the deal in Detroit because he is now on a great team and got more guaranteed money here
6. Will compete with Clemons when comes back but he thinks they can play on the field at the same time.