Every weekday at 5:30am, we'll start your "Sports Day"
Thoughts from Wednesday's camp...
It was great to have Coach Carroll join us at 9:30 this morning on the air. He had a lot of good information concerning injuries.
1. They want to be conservative on both Zach Miller and Chris Clemons. They expect Zach to be ready for the season opener and while Clemons wants to play in preseason game #3, the team thinks that is too ambitious.
2. James Carpenter has a torn fascia in his foot and they hope to get him back for the final preseason game.
3. He had hoped both Cliff Avril and Bruce Irvin would be practicing today but only Avril ended up out there.
4. Sidney Rice looks great and is expected to play Saturday.
Other notes that Coach gave us...
1. He feels Luke Willson can fill the void left by Anthony McCoy
2. There is a loaded competition at the 3-technique spot and it won't be resolved until right before the season.
3. Percy Harvin does not know exactly when he hurt his hip.
As for on the practice field today...
-Jermaine Kearse continues to look great hooking up on a long ball from T-Jack for a TD
-Stephen Williams continues his strong camp beating Will Blackmon for a deep ball
-The offense continues to progress over the past couple weeks after being behind the defense for the first week of camp.